20111103

it's fun making posts on here - and marques toliver

Blogging on here is a lot better than blogging on tumblr, it's all my own stuff, it feels more real, like I'm actually creating something not just mindlessly "liking" and "reblogging". The word "reblog" shouldn't even exist-it makes no sense. The oxford definition of blog is 'to add new material to or regularly update a blog'...you can't re-add new material. It's really stupid and I'm doing it proper now like.

Talking of Oh Comely reminded me of my new musical obsession as well. An article in Oh Comely with an interview with him got me intrigued about him and when I actually looked him up, I was hooked. His name is Marques Toliver and he's a violinist. His mahogony sessions are just epic. It's the type of music which is good background music, but too truely hear it, it's amazing if you just turn all your lights off, turn it up and bask. That's the sign of true musicianship I think. He is so talented. He performs with just him and his violin and it's beautiful. He has a really soulful voice and that against the violin which he plays in a really raw way are unexpectedly perfect together.

Also he's really cool and very pretty.

Take a listen you people who aren't here.







mmm that's nice

bye now

No comments:

Post a Comment