20111103

my elephant's arrived

For my birthday my wonderful aunty and uncle gave me a subscription to the brilliant 'ELEPHANT' magazine. It accidently got sent to their house all the way in yorkshire so I had to wait a little while but it arrived and it is oh so perfect.

There's a really great feature on minimilist-esque art called 'simple+easy' - not the stupid empty stuff which people say has deep meaning, when it's just crap really - proper minimilst art. It's mainly graphical style which I'm normally not too keen on, but this stuff is really striking.
Just the whole layout of the whole thing and the way it's put together is exactly how a magazine should be. All the adverts in it are like articles in their own right, little pieces of artwork. And it's bound so it feels like you should treasure it, it doesn't have that throw-away nature that nearly all magazines have nowadays. However, I can tell that it's not going to be pristing by the time I'm finished with it. I has officially beaten my old favourite 'Oh Comely' in best magazine. It's like a book. I would say I can't wait for my next issue, but I've got to much to get through right now that I think it will last me til next season when the next issue's out.

Over and out non-existent strangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment