20111108

my coat means good things

So for my birthday i got this beauty of a coat which i am totally in love with.

It's from topshop and they're calling it a "boyfriend coat" because it's blatantly exactly like I've just nicked it from my fancy man...



And lucky for me, i have just read an article on the guardian website by style guru Jess Cartner-Morley, otherwise known as the lady who stands knocked kneed with nice clothes on next to the measure in the guardian weekend magazine who I take every single word she says as a truth I must abide to.

So I was very pleased to hear what she said about my coat:
"Mannish coat

If a leather sleeve says Grazia, an oversized androgynous classic wool coat says Italian Vogue. This is not necessarily better: your message may be more high-end, but on the other hand you lose 80% of your audience because most people won't understand what your coat is trying to tell them. Your gamble. A simply cut wool coat is the equivalent of having a self-imposed uniform of, say, black trousers and a white shirt. It makes you look low-maintenance in a disciplined, cerebral way rather than merely scruffy."

Exactly how I want to look.

Cheers Jess, I shouldn't follow what you say, but everytime I hear you like my clothes, I am proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment